The lens is a manual focus and iris lens, and does not have auto focus or auto iris capability. It incorporates cinema-style focus and iris gears that share the same position across the lenses in the Xeen set. The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes when using a matte box and focus accessories. The focus ring rotates 200° from close focus to infinity; this gives you a high degree of precision and consistent focus.
- This is an 85mm lens that has an image circle that covers a full-frame sensor. It has the effect of bringing the background closer, and is often used for portraits and close-ups.
- The lens features metal construction to withstand the rigors of daily production, and comes with a support foot that can help take strain off your camera’s lens port.
- Dual calibrated right and left side focus and T-stop scales allow your focus puller to work from either side of the lens, without having to flip the lens in the mount.
- Each lens in the Xeen series share common focus and iris gear ring positions, which speeds up lens changes as accessories such as follow focus units or iris motors don’t have to be re-positioned.
- The common 114mm front diameter allows for quick lens changes as you don’t have to swap out anti-reflection donuts or adapters to use the same matte box.
- “Clickless” aperture ring for smooth iris pulls.
- A minimum focusing distance of 3′ 9″ allows you to get up close to your subject.